Homeless Emergency Assistance and Rapid Transition to Housing Act (HEARTH)
The HEARTH amends and reauthorizes the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act with substantial changes, including:
- A consolidation of HUD's competitive grant programs;
- The creation of a Rural Housing Stability Assistance Program;
- A change in HUD's definition of homelessness and chronic homelessness;
- A simplified match requirement;
- An increase in prevention resources; and,
- An increase in emphasis on performance.