End Homelessness News Feed
- Statement on Biden Administration Executive Order on Fair HousingThe National Alliance to End Homelessness today applauded the Biden administration’s new guidance to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to examine the impacts of discriminatory housing policies at the agency, and to advance fair housing. Among the many negative impacts of discriminatory housing policies are reducing […] The post Statement on Biden Administration Executive Order on Fair Housing appeared first on […]
- The Next Four Years: What Can We Expect for Homelessness and Housing Policy?With the start of a new Presidential Administration, it’s a good time to look at what opportunities and challenges lie ahead as we seek an end to homelessness in the United States. In the coming months the Alliance will continue […] The post The Next Four Years: What Can We Expect for Homelessness and Housing […]
- Equity Is the Answer all Along: Addressing Racial Trauma and HomelessnessThis post is written by Saba Mwine (she/her), Senior Program Manager for CSH Los Angeles and equity strategist. Racism is fundamental to the United States’ inception: our founding as a nation and economy depended on it. Chattel slavery and the […] The post Equity Is the Answer all Along: Addressing Racial Trauma and Homelessness appeared […]
- The Racial Equity Dialogue Series: Starting the Conversation About Racism in the North Carolina Balance of State CoCThis blog post is authored by staff at the North Carolina Balance of State Continuum of Care. A Call to Action In response to the murders of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor, North Carolina Balance of State Continuum of Care […] The post The Racial Equity Dialogue Series: Starting the Conversation About Racism in the […]
- How the Proposed 2021 California Budget Can Help People Experiencing HomelessnessAfter the chaos and violence that ascended upon our nation’s capital last week, it may have been lost in the headlines that the leader of the 5th largest economy in the world unveiled a 2021-2022 budget proposal on Friday. While […] The post How the Proposed 2021 California Budget Can Help People Experiencing Homelessness appeared […]
Huff Post RSS Feed
- America’s Eviction Crisis Is A Public Health Disaster Waiting To HappenPushing millions of people out of their homes could prolong the coronavirus pandemic and trigger a wave of long-term impacts.
- Revealed: How Covid Has Made The UK's Bitter Housing Crisis Even WorseThere have been steep rises in people living in temporary accommodation since Covid hit.
- Your Gift Can Help Rescue Christmas For The Most VulnerableThe “Red Kettle” isn’t going away. It’s online, and it’s essential.
- Stabbing At California Church Leaves 2 Dead, Multiple WoundedNo services were taking place at the San Jose church where homeless people had been sheltering from the cold, police said.
- Rough Sleepers Face Choosing Between 'Horrific' Violence Or Catching CoronavirusThe number of people sleeping rough is expected to rise dramatically in the winter months as a result of the pandemic.
NY Times RSS Feed
- Counting the People Living on New York’s StreetsNew York City is conducting its annual estimate of homeless people on the street.
- How the 3 Diallo Sisters Were Finally Able to Connect to Their ClassesThe city said it would be “impossible” to quickly install Wi-Fi in shelters for remote learning. Some shelter operators have proven them wrong.
- America’s Other Front LineAs the Biden administration proposes additional pandemic relief, nonprofit workers see a country facing a growing crisis.
- Gunfire and Crashing Cars: In Struggling Neighborhoods, ‘We’re Losing Our Grip’A year of hardship in parts of Cleveland has left many with the sense that the fabric of their communities was fraying.
- New York Halted Evictions. But What Happens When the Ban Ends?A crisis looms in the pandemic’s wake: Evictions that threaten to overwhelm schools, homeless shelters and food pantries.