End Homelessness News Feed
- Shaping Federal Plans to End HomelessnessHomelessness as we know it is at a critical turning point. There are now historic opportunities to shape the future of how the field operates: opportunities born from new strategies, funding, and energy during the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as […] The post Shaping Federal Plans to End Homelessness appeared first on National Alliance to […]
- We Have a Lot to Tell Congress This Month. And They’ll Listen to You.This will go down as one of the craziest years in history, and it’s only half over. For people who are homeless, and for many others in danger of losing their housing, the next few weeks will be critically important. In fact, […] The post We Have a Lot to Tell Congress This Month. And They’ll Listen […]
- Statement on Proposed Changes to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Equal Access RuleThe National Alliance to End Homelessness opposes the Trump Administration’s proposed changes to HUD’s Equal Access Rule, which would eliminate protections to ensure that transgender people experiencing homelessness can access shelter. In the face of the COVID-19 pandemic and rising levels of […] The post Statement on Proposed Changes to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban […]
- New Partnership Calls for the Use of CARES Act Funding to Serve People Experiencing Homelessness, Historically Marginalized Communities, & Extremely Low-Income HouseholdsA partnership of seven leading national organizations and experts have launched the Framework for an Equitable COVID-19 Homelessness Response to guide how homelessness systems can leverage the CARES Act to simultaneously conduct emergency protective measures while planning for recovery-oriented uses of these […] The post New Partnership Calls for the Use of CARES Act Funding to Serve […]
- Juneteenth: Homelessness, Racism, and the Legacy of Slavery Friday, June 19 marks the 155th anniversary of Juneteenth, also known as Freedom Day, Emancipation Day, Liberation Day, and Jubilee Day. On this day in 1865, two years after the formal issue of the Emancipation Proclamation, the last enslaved people, living […] The post Juneteenth: Homelessness, Racism, and the Legacy of Slavery appeared first on National Alliance […]
Huff Post RSS Feed
- The Pandemic Presents The Chance To End Homelessness In Canada For GoodIt’s hard to social-distance at home if you don’t have a home.
- Investing In Harm Reduction Must Be Included In The Movement To Defund PoliceFor the last 30 years, harm reduction advocates have worked to humanize communities that are often criminalized.
- On ‘America’s Got Talent,’ A Homeless Choir From San Diego Strikes GoldVoices of Our City wows host Terry Crews and celebrity judges with a song about life on the streets.
- State Governments Are Not Doing Nearly Enough To Help Renters During The Coronavirus PandemicLawmakers have been trying to prevent evictions and help poor tenants. So far, they've fallen short.
- Put Homeless People In HotelsAs the COVID-19 pandemic rages, cities are still struggling to move people from shelters into safer housing.
NY Times RSS Feed
- Occupy City Hall Struggles as Homeless Move InOrganizers said they were helping vulnerable people. But nearby residents said the camp had turned into an unruly — and at times violent — shantytown.
- Sleeping Outside in a Pandemic: Vulnerable Renters Face EvictionsAs the coronavirus prevents people from going back to work and paying their rent, evictions have begun, often targeting vulnerable people such as unauthorized immigrants.
- Margaret Morton, Photographer at Home With the Homeless, Dies at 71For nearly two decades, she chronicled communities on the edge of society in elegant photographs that drew comparisons to the work of Jacob Riis.
- America Needs Some Repairs. Here’s Where to Start.This nation began as a set of promises that it has yet to keep.
- HUD Rule Would Dismantle Protections for Homeless Transgender PeopleHomeless shelters would have the right to turn away transgender people from single-sex facilities that correspond to their gender identity.