End Homelessness News Feed
- We Are So Grateful For Your Support – It Makes All the DifferenceThe holidays are now officially upon us, and with them comes the opportunity to reflect on what makes us feel truly grateful. This year, we are especially grateful for you. The past twelve months have brought a slew of challenges that none of us expected. Through it […] The post We Are So Grateful For Your Support – It Makes All the […]
- Meeting the Needs of People Experiencing Homelessness in the Time of COVID-19This post is authored by Christine Simiriglia, CEO of Pathways to Housing PA in Philadelphia, PA. There are very few positive words to describe 2020. Far too many people this year have been filled with anxiety, stress, hunger, pain, hopelessness, […] The post Meeting the Needs of People Experiencing Homelessness in the Time of COVID-19 […]
- What’s Next? Staying Focused After the ElectionWell, that was exciting. Joe Biden ran on a platform that included a commitment to the Housing First approach to homelessness, strong investments in affordable housing centered around race equity, and building the capacity of the economy to provide jobs […] The post What’s Next? Staying Focused After the Election appeared first on National Alliance […]
- 5 Key Facts About Homeless VeteransIn November, the nation takes a day off to honor its veterans. In recent years, the homeless services world has held these sentiments all year long: diligently working to secure permanent housing for everyone who has served our country. Below […] The post 5 Key Facts About Homeless Veterans appeared first on National Alliance to […]
- Renewing Our Commitment on Election Day Eve A nice thing about working from home is that I can look out my window and see trees, rather than the brick wall out my window at the Alliance office. Some of the leaves are turning yellow and red now, fall is […] The post Renewing Our Commitment on Election Day Eve appeared first on National Alliance […]
Huff Post RSS Feed
- Your Gift Can Help Rescue Christmas For The Most VulnerableThe “Red Kettle” isn’t going away. It’s online, and it’s essential.
- Stabbing At California Church Leaves 2 Dead, Multiple WoundedNo services were taking place at the San Jose church where homeless people had been sheltering from the cold, police said.
- Rough Sleepers Face Choosing Between 'Horrific' Violence Or Catching CoronavirusThe number of people sleeping rough is expected to rise dramatically in the winter months as a result of the pandemic.
- Court Frees Up $490 Million To Aid San Francisco In Homelessness CrisisCalifornia's Prop C passed in 2018 but has been tied up in legal challenges for more than a year.
- Should I Call The Police About A Person Experiencing Homelessness?Calling 911 can often do more harm than good for the homeless community.
NY Times RSS Feed
- Homeless Men Must Leave The Lucerne Hotel, Judge RulesThe dispute has been a flash point in one of New York City’s most liberal neighborhoods.
- Homeless Men Moved Into a Tourist Hotel. What Followed Was Unexpected.The hotel-turned-shelter became a flash point on the Upper West Side, but helped the men find a sense of belonging. Now they might be moved.
- At New York’s Nadir, Dinkins Gave the City the ‘Freedom to Imagine’An assessment of the former mayor, who died on Monday, reveals how he nourished innovation and laid founding stones for a modern city.
- San Jose Stabbing Kills 2 at Grace Baptist ChurchThe police said five people were stabbed, two of them fatally, at the church on Sunday night. A suspect was in custody, but information on a motive was not immediately available.
- ‘I Am Shaken’: Spate of Violent Subway Attacks Unnerves RidersThree riders were assaulted in the system over three days this week as reports of felony assaults, burglaries and homicides continue to climb.