End Homelessness News Feed
- The Housing ACCESS Act: A Pathway to Supportive HousingIt is challenging to create supportive housing, no matter where you are in the country. For people with extremely low incomes who also face disabilities or complex health challenges, providing supportive housing can be a multifaceted task. It necessitates a […] The post The Housing ACCESS Act: A Pathway to Supportive Housing appeared first on […]
- Learning Without a Home: Will a Housing First Approach Work on Campus?Pursuing a college education without stable housing can have a devastating impact on a student’s chance of earning a degree. Homelessness can happen at any age, including to college students. So how can colleges use a Housing First approach to […] The post Learning Without a Home: Will a Housing First Approach Work on Campus? […]
- Supporting Older Survivors of Domestic ViolenceSince 1981, Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) has been held each October as a way to unite advocates across the nation in their efforts to end domestic violence. During this time, advocates across the country raise awareness, identify ways to stop […] The post Supporting Older Survivors of Domestic Violence appeared first on National Alliance to […]
- Housing First is a Matter of HealthChronic homelessness is linked to poor health outcomes and higher risk of mortality. People experiencing homelessness often experience trauma on the street or in shelters, which creates long-standing adverse impacts. Having safe, stable housing is essential to a person’s health. […] The post Housing First is a Matter of Health appeared first on National Alliance […]
- Potential Government Shutdown: What You Need to KnowAs the deadline looms for Congress to act on enacting a spending bill through the appropriations process by September 30, 2023, we are once again preparing for the possibility of another government shutdown. As a former federal employee and former […] The post Potential Government Shutdown: What You Need to Know appeared first on National […]
Huff Post RSS Feed
- Mayor Eric Adams Has Bizarre Reaction To Person Heckling Him On Homeless People“She said I’m messing with homeless people ... One should be happy if someone wants to make love to them,” said the New York City mayor, chuckling.
- LAPD Postpones Encampment Sweep After 'Hush Hush' Email Leaked“Everyone will be arrested and all their belongings will be taken away by sanitation,” said the email from a Los Angeles Police Department senior officer.
- Breathless Story About Migrants Displacing Homeless Vets Was A Scam: ReportsA group reportedly rounded up 15 homeless men and let them order whatever they liked from a diner in exchange for posing as mistreated veterans.
- New Yorkers Protest Killing Of Jordan NeelyAnother passenger put the 30-year-old Black homeless man in a chokehold on the subway on Monday, killing him.
- NYC's Involuntary Hospitalization Plan Can Proceed, A Judge RulesThe decision comes a few months after the controversial plan was introduced by Mayor Eric Adams.
NY Times RSS Feed
- 54 Severely Mentally Ill People Moved Off N.Y.C. Streets, Adams SaysNew York City has made progress in aiding homeless mentally ill people, Mayor Eric Adams said, but he said more needed to be done to reach all those on the streets.
- America Has a Homelessness Problem. Houston Has a Solution.Nicholas Kristof travels to the city for a firsthand look.
- After Tragedy, a Failed System in New York Is RevealedTwo Times reporters spent more than a year examining how breakdowns of New York City’s social safety net preceded some acts of violence by homeless and mentally ill people.
- Helping Homeless People Who Are Mentally IllResponses to a Page 1 investigation. Also: An Oct. 7 observation; President Biden and the Israel-Gaza war; father, son and Jan. 6; planet Earth’s survival.
- Houston Shows How to Tackle HomelessnessHouston demonstrates what should be obvious: that a wealthy society doesn’t have to accept as inevitable throngs of people sleeping on sidewalks.