Facts & Figures
In 2021, the State of California launched the Homeless Data Integration System (HDIS) to help each community take a closer look at their local needs and services. You can check out the data by clicking on the image below:
Although the information gleaned from the annual Point-in-Time Count is not a definitive measurement of homelessness within Ventura County, this snapshot assists our community in the following ways:
- Understanding the extent of homelessness and changes in trends among this population;
- Providing a measure to track local performance and progress toward ending homelessness;
- Identifying local priorities and prioritizes allocation of resources;
- Providing guidance for planning and developing more effective services and resources; and
- Increasing public awareness and education about homelessness issues.
With our large geographic area to encompass, this is an enormous task each year to accomplish. The Ventura County CoC extends its gratitude to the dedicated staff, volunteers, agencies and respondents that participated in the Count. A copy of the latest Point-In-Time Count can be found here.
Learn more about the importance of the annual Homeless Point-In-Time Count here.